One of my favorite late night snacks of all time is Nacho Cheese Doritos with melted cheese. What can I say, I love cheese.
So when I was reminded of this recipe my aunt made many years ago that involved Doritos, cheese, and chili, I had to give it a shot for my football get-together last weekend. I mean, how can you go wrong with a Dorito Chili Casserole?
At first, I wasn’t sure, but after everyone raved so much about it, I decided to share it with all of you. It is, after all, one of the easiest game day meals I’ve ever made, which will be perfect for the Big Game coming up!
For Dorito Chili Casserole you will need:
A bag of Nacho cheese Doritos
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2-15 oz cans of chili (I like Stagg Chili), or homemade chili (I used homemade)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9×9 baking dish, cover the bottom with a layer of Doritos.
- Add enough chili to cover the Doritos, about one can.
- Add a cup of shredded cheese.
- Repeat steps 2-4 making a second layer of each ingredient.
- Loosely cover with aluminum foil, preventing the foil from touching the cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes.Remove the foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
I love hosting football parties so much, and it’s even better when the food is simple and delicious!
What’s your favorite thing to make for the big game?
If you liked this post, you may also enjoy: