This is pretty cool. I was nominated for an award! I am thrilled to be given the Liebster Award by the lovely Jenny at Express Bus Mama. Thank you so much Jenny, for nominating me!
For those of you that are unfamiliar, this is an award given to bloggers from bloggers in an effort to promote one another and help their readers find even more awesome blogs to read.
1. Acknowledge the fabulous blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer eleven questions from that blogger.
3. Write eleven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate five or more bloggers for a Liebster Award and let them know they’ve been nominated.
5. Write eleven questions for your nominated bloggers to answer.
Here are my answers to Jenny’s questions:
1. Why did you start blogging? Ridiculous things kept happening with my kids and it wasn’t enough to just share on Facebook. I wanted to remember everything.
2. What’s your favorite season? It used to be summer, but now that I’m a football fan, it’s definitely fall!!
3. What’s your favorite post so far? Breastmilk: Here, There, Everywhere. This one helped me a lot because I have some resentments towards breastfeeding-my daughter went on a strike, and with my son, it hurt a lot at first. It allowed me to be honest and vent, but also reminded me how much I love and appreciate being able to do it.
4. What time of day do you like to write? Anytime I get a chance to write is my favorite time. There have a been a few times in the middle of the night, where an idea has come to me. In that case, I open up my good ol’ notebook, and try to get the idea down before I’m unconscious again.
5. What’s one blogging skill you hope to improve in the coming year? I want to work on taking better photographs. I’m terrible at it, and as a photographer’s daughter, it’s embarrassing.
6. What’s your favorite book? I don’t take the time to read as much as I would like. But, for a long time, my favorite book has been The Giver by Lois Lowry.
7. Your most popular post? Not sure. I’m going to guess it’s Avocado Chocolate Frosting. I think because it’s a weird concept to many.
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you pick? Somewhere that has water, trees, and mountains all within driving distance. Sounds like my home, Seattle, right? But here’s the kicker-it has to be sunny and warm for most of the year. Maybe San Diego?…
9. If you could have any superpower, which one would you pick? I would love to know what it felt like to fly. No, I am not going to sky dive-that’s not flying, it’s falling!
10. The one thing about blogging that surprised you the most? It’s great therapy!
11. Freshly baked bread or chocolate? What’s your poison? On the daily, chocolate chips. Special occasions, Godiva chocolate.
Eleven Random Facts About Me
1. I’m afraid of the dark. I can be in it, I just really hate it.
2. I taught a swing dance class at WSU for three semesters.
3. My husband and I met in my dance class. He was one of my students.
4. I love to do any type of partner dancing. Lindy, West Coast Swing, East Coast Swing, even country dancing if it’ll get me moving!
5. I don’t like dancing by myself-I look and feel ridiculous.
6. My favorite song to sing to my kids before bed is “Castle on a Cloud” from Les Miserables.
7. My little family and I live in the house my husband grew up in.
8. I’m much more of a dog person, but I have two cats.
9. Before I had kids, I never, for a second, thought I would want to be a stay at home mom.
10. I’m obsessed with coconut water, and when I’m drinking it, my husband won’t come near me.
11. I love coffee, but I only drink decaf.
Now for the awards! I nominate the following amazing blogs for a Liebster Award:
1. Crunchy Glam
Now for the questions for the lovely bloggers that I nominated:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What is your favorite post so far, and why? (Please include a link!)
3. What is your most embarrassing guilty pleasure song?
4. What made you decide to start blogging?
5. What’s your coffee drink? (Or tea, or energy drink…)
6. If you could visit anywhere in the world for one month, where would it be?
7. Sweet or Savory? What’s your hard to resist junk food?
8. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
9. What is your favorite movie?
10. What’s your occupation, (besides Amazing Blogger, of course!)?
11. Are you a sports fan? If so, what sport and what team?
Whew! Lots of info about me!
Looking forward to reading your answers-enjoy the rest of your weekend!