Sometimes a Cookie is Not Just a Cookie

When my toddler skips a nap, it completely throws off my game. I had big plans to clean the entire house, finish all the laundry, and bake some muffins, all while catching up on some social media.

But no, someone refused to go to sleep.

First it was the tantrums. I’m so sorry, you want to jump into bed instead of me throwing you in? But you insisted I throw you in a second ago. Now you want your blue binky instead of the green one? Sure. More milk?  Here you go. Not enough? Too bad. You can have water.

More tantrums.

I could elaborate, but if you have a toddler, you know what I’m talking about. And if you don’t have one yet, I’ll keep you in your fantasy world for a little longer.

Finally after she calmed down, she had a bit of quiet time. And I have to admit, it was pretty cute when I checked on her and she was laying in bed reading a book.

After two hours, I have a rule to give up on naptime. I’m not going to waste the entire day trying to get you to sleep. Because if you finally do, you will be so tired that you’ll sleep until bedtime. Then where does that leave us? Right. With a seriously effed up schedule.

So, no nap the other day. I’m lucky my husband is so awesome and he made me leave for a bit when he got home.

When my kids are driving me crazy, my vice is chocolate. Easter was around the corner and I was justifying the hell out of eating everything.

But I didn’t.

I got a sample cookie at the Freddie’s bakery department. That was the best piece of crap cookie I have ever had in my life. After that, I was ready to come home. It probably helped knowing that little miss was very likely to be asleep.

What gets you through when you’ve had a bad day?

20140623-145549-53749301.jpg

• Reply mrsmothermedic

Nap time is just precious isn’t it!!

September 12, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Yes-both kids are a disaster without!

September 12, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Sometimes a cookie just isn’t a cookie is right. Those unexpected no toddler nap days, hit me. I get nothing done not only because they don’t go down, but because I keep trying to get whichever one isn’t napping down. Cookies have been my vice outside of two cups of coffee and a glass of wine a day-ish. But I’m trying to cut back. On cookies that is… what a great hubby for getting you out of the house.

September 13, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Yes, I always keep trying to get them to sleep. So frustrating! I need to cut down on the chocolate-it always seems to make it’s way back into our house when we run out. He is great-I feel very fortunate, he knows when I need out.

September 13, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Lol. Chocolate never leaves our house. I’m just trying so hard right now to just have a few pieces of dark chocolate, and no cookies. We will see how long this lasts. Haha. I’m on day three so far. Wish me luck!!!

September 14, 2014 at 11:48 am

I always have a costco size bag of chocolate chips… Wow, three days?! Good luck!

September 14, 2014 at 2:32 pm
          • Alana

Haha. I’ll need it 😉 We have a costco size bag of dark chocolate sitting in our pantry. So here’s hoping…

September 16, 2014 at 2:06 pm
  • Reply Rebekah @Surviving Toddlerhood

Aww! I know those days. Chocolate and coffee are my momma medicines of choice. 🙂

September 14, 2014 at 5:27 am

Yes! Things can get dangerous when we run out!…

September 14, 2014 at 10:27 am
  • Reply melissajane01

Oh man! It can be so stressful getting the kids down for a nap. I try to only keep a few sweets in the house so I don’t eat all of them at once.

September 14, 2014 at 2:23 pm

That’s what I’ve been trying to do too. And it’s also why the cookie from the store was so good.

September 14, 2014 at 2:31 pm