7 Reasons the Toddler Annoyed the Shit Out of Me Today

Posted in Toddler by

It was a regular day at home with the kids. Gym, lunch, nap, water play outside. But for some reason, Z kept getting on my nerves! She wasn’t doing anything too out of the ordinary, but today, all of her “toddler” qualities were making me crazy.

Here are the seven things that contributed to my short fuse.

1. When changing her, (yes, still in diapers half the time), she lifts up both legs and smacks them down fast and hard. Most of the time she doesn’t get me, but when she does, it’s always somewhere different. My leg, my face, my boobs…

2. She does not listen. On our way to the car today, she kept running away from me. I insisted that she hold my hand once we get into the parking lot. She refused and insisted I hold her arm. I feel like I look like a major jerk hanging onto my toddlers arm so she doesn’t run off.

3. I just discovered today that when she helps me “clean,” she actually just shoves everything under the couch. I’m surprised I didn’t notice sooner because I am constantly cleaning toys out from under there. I just thought they always got there by mistake. How cute am I?IMG_9755.JPG4. She pushes her brother. Constantly. Right in the back when he’s walking away from her. She runs up to him and shoves him in the center of his back. When I get mad and tell her to stop, she smirks and giggles and says, “I’m just kidding!” There is nothing more annoying than a person that laughs at you when you’re pissed.IMG_0031.JPG5. All day long she was running around spinning and being a crazy toddler. Any time she bumped something (barely), she would flip out and scream and cry. Even though she was never actually hurt, I would hold her and comfort her-I’m not a monster. Seconds later, she was up and at it again. (Enter eye roll)IMG_9992.JPG6. Bedtime. She, like most toddlers, is a master staller. So that wasn’t anything new tonight. However, after books, right before I kiss her good night and leave, she says, “I peed in my diaper, I need to be changed.” Gah!!! I had changed her right before books! It’s as if she waited to pee so she could stall a bit longer. So actually, she’s a genius.IMG_9912.JPG7. I was in a pissy mood. I don’t know why. Tired maybe? Whatever the reason, tomorrow will be better. She’s growing too fast and I won’t always get to spend every day with her like I do now.

So, if I have any cranky moments tomorrow, I’ll simply redirect our activities and enjoy my time at home with the kids.IMG_9922.JPG

• Reply andthreetogo

There are days that the things my z does annoys me more than others, I think it is a culmination of exhaustion, hormones, and did I mention exhaustion? Oh yeah I did.
    Anyways some days are just harder than others, thank goodness for the fun easy days 🙂

August 8, 2014 at 4:42 am

Of course! Hormones! I knew I was tired, but I didn’t even think about hormones. They make me nuts! So far, today has been one of those fun, easy days. Thank goodness!!

August 8, 2014 at 9:56 am
  • Reply Tricia the Good Mama

This is too funny! My son just turned one so I know I have all the toddler craziness to come soon. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out the details here -> http://thegoodmama.org/the-liebster-blog-award/

August 11, 2014 at 6:19 am
  • Reply Flora Jon

I feel you there. I also hate my lil girl laughing at me while I’m pissed with her. Still, at the end of the day, you’ll just smile and sigh right?

August 20, 2014 at 4:34 am

Yep! Smile, sigh, and sometimes I get to take a relaxing bath.

August 20, 2014 at 6:38 am
  • Reply Blog Love: Mama By Fire, Vegan Mama, and Three Boys And A Mom - This Is Mommyhood

[…] your face. Gotta love kids, Mama Confession (Guest Post); an honest look at postpartum depression, 7 Reasons The Toddler Annoyed The Shit Out Of Me Today; we all have these kind of days. Twitter: @mamabyfire Facebook: Mama By […]

September 17, 2014 at 3:20 pm
  • Reply Theresa (Capri + 3)

That is funny and refreshingly honest. Children are amazing and wonderful and we all have moments of annoyance and frustration too!

October 8, 2014 at 7:57 am

Thanks! They are amazing! I suppose we’re all allowed to have our bad days.

October 8, 2014 at 8:02 am
  • Reply threeboysandamom

This has been happening here too lately…toddlers can straight up wear you down!

October 8, 2014 at 8:42 am
  • Reply TheMommyAvenger

I know it sounds far away, but she will grow out of all of this. Then you will look back and barely remember this. They certainly try our patience, don’t they?

October 8, 2014 at 9:19 am

I know she will. And I’ll probably miss it…or maybe not. Definitely tries my patience! Haha!

October 8, 2014 at 9:48 pm
  • Reply Christine

Yup…happens in my house ALL the time. Yesterday I swear she made me jump for an hour straight, then chase in her in circles around the house. She wouldn’t nap and ended up being in a horrible mood that by 7:30 she was passsssed out. Let’s not forget that she was up and ready to go again at 6AM this morning….this too shall pass…

October 8, 2014 at 11:14 am

Well, it sounds like you got a good workout in… It doesn’t matter how late my daughter goes to sleep. She wakes up at the same time every morning. It used to be 6, but thankfully now, it’s more like 7.

October 8, 2014 at 9:50 pm
  • Reply Aarielle

Oh so glad it happens to someone else! I have days like this too! xx

October 8, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Yes, you are definitely not alone!

October 8, 2014 at 10:15 pm
  • Reply Melissande

Oh boy, is she ever cute though! I have a little one like that too. 🙂

October 8, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Thank you! They’re so much fun, aren’t they? 😀

October 8, 2014 at 10:05 pm
  • Reply Terri's Thoughts

i sometimes feel like I am the only one but I am so glad it isn’t true. Hope tomorrow is better

October 8, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Thank you! We’ve been doing better lately. My fuse has been a lot longer lately which helps. LOL!

October 8, 2014 at 10:07 pm