This is All so….Unexpected

Earlier today, my husband said something that was music to my ears.

I love you? Hahahaha!! No. Better.

Instead of telling me he loves me, he’s going to SHOW me he loves me.

He said, “After I take a shower, would you like me to take the kids to the store with me?”

Uh, YEAH!!

All of a sudden, clouds parted, angels started singing, I got teary eyed…

Ok, maybe that all didn’t happen, but my mind did start racing…with possibilities.

What should I do with this unexpected alone time?! Now keep in mind, as glorious as this opportunity is, it is likely going to be less than an hour so I need to prioritize.

I can unpack a few of the remaining pesky boxes left in the garage. I could rake the leaves outside before it gets dark. Or, I could be really annoying and get a jump start on dinner.

Instead of accomplishing any of those tasks, I have chosen to take a nice hot bath. And I’m going to eat one of my Godiva chocolates out in the open, without hiding or turning my back from a nosey toddler.IMG_3217.JPGTHAT is what I call some good ‘me’ time.

What would you do with an unexpected hour of alone time?

November 22, 2014

• Reply Rebekah

Sorta slowly drink some chai and read a fiction book written for adults. πŸ™‚ Or clean. Because I love how quickly you can clean without littles in the house.

November 23, 2014 at 8:46 am

Sounds wonderful!! I love chai! Im constantly amazed at how much I can clean when the kids are gone!

November 23, 2014 at 9:05 am
  • Reply Naomi

I play video games and eat chocolate with my hour of freedom πŸ˜› No matter how much work needs to get done, I love my little bit of time to play and not hide my treat!

November 23, 2014 at 9:06 am

Haha!! Nice!! Very similar to me!

November 23, 2014 at 9:15 am
  • Reply melissajane01

I always seem to end up writing. But sometimes I will watch a show or take a shower and actually do my hair. I love it when the hubby takes both kids on an outing. Glad you got some time to yourself.

November 23, 2014 at 9:52 pm

I miss watching my shows! Maybe next time I can do that-it’s been awhile. Thanks!!

November 23, 2014 at 10:00 pm
  • Reply Amanda Evans

I usually end up blowing the entire hour by thinking about which of the hundred things I should actually do too long :/ haha. Womp womp. Congratulations on your delicious break!

November 23, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Hahaha!! Thank you-it was over way too fast!

November 23, 2014 at 11:40 pm
  • Reply Donella Crigger

I usually end up working on a project, but sometimes I read a good book if I get some alone time. I LOVE it when my husband takes the kiddo out for a while.

November 24, 2014 at 4:03 am

Yes! So awesome! Reading sounds great, I haven’t read an actual book in awhile.

November 24, 2014 at 10:24 am
  • Reply maggiemaysgifts

That really is the best gift ever isn’t it! I usually clean bc it ends up feeling good…but sometimes i’ll eat ice cream and watch CSI πŸ™‚

November 24, 2014 at 4:29 am

It is! Ice cream and a show sounds great too! And I suppose it nice cleaning without the kids around-I get so much more done!

November 24, 2014 at 10:23 am
  • Reply Christine

I can’t believe he took the kids to the store! It would’ve been the opposite in my house. He would’ve stayed home with the kids and I would’ve went and that would’ve been my hour alone…hehe!

November 24, 2014 at 7:12 am

I’ve done that too. I surprise myself because of how excited I get when i go to the store by myself. I feel almost giddy! Haha!

November 24, 2014 at 10:20 am
  • Reply shelahmoss

I think that you used your hour of free time exactly the right way!

November 24, 2014 at 7:36 am

I read this post quickly when you first posted and read again now. Both times I sighed. Men out there, there is no need for flowers. Just. Do. This!

November 24, 2014 at 9:07 am
  • Reply andthreetogo

Hooray for time alone to do what you will! I think you made an excellent choice!

November 24, 2014 at 9:16 am

Yes!! Thanks, it was so wonderful!

November 24, 2014 at 10:24 am
  • Reply Traci@tracesoffaith.com

It’s very rare but I love to snuggle up on the couch and watch a chick flick. Or an indie film with subtitles. Ones my family would never watch with me. I think the last time I did this was May….

November 24, 2014 at 11:46 am
  • Reply Nicci

I think I would clean. . . or take a nap . . .both sounds really boring, don’t they?

November 24, 2014 at 11:55 am

Boring? More like awesome!!

November 25, 2014 at 10:35 am
  • Reply Sue Parke

LOL!!! My husband took our daughter out for 2 hours a couple weekends ago and I literally sat for about 20 minutes enjoying SILENCE! Then I ate breakfast – holy shit – I ATE a MEAL! Then I worked on my blog, I took a hot shower and a nap! BEST gift EVER! Love this post! So glad I’m not the only mother out there that thinks an hour or two of freedom is like a frigging vacation! LOL πŸ™‚

November 24, 2014 at 12:53 pm

Hahaha! You’re hilarious! Maybe that’s what I should have done, eat an actual meal. Two hour vacations is all us moms have time for! LOL!!

November 24, 2014 at 5:34 pm
      • Reply Sue Parke

Also, am I the only sappy mother that when I actually leave her to go out on a date (which hasn’t happened in two months) I then miss her?! What’s wrong with me? I need breaks and then when I get them I’m sad and worry. Sigh! But now I’m hoping for a “vacation” on Thanksgiving – let the family pass her around for the day! Have a great holiday and I’m glad you got a break! πŸ™‚

November 25, 2014 at 8:11 am

I’m the same way. We get to go on date nights once a week if we want. But we only do dinner OR a movie because I want to get home. LOL! I hope you get to relax a bit this week. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

November 25, 2014 at 8:16 am
  • Reply Colleen

I would watch something on Netflix and eat ice cream out of the carton. My kids are in school all day, but my husband works from home. Sometimes he’s just as bad as the kids!

November 24, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Hahaha! I can see that about the husband! I love Netflix-wish I used it more! And suddenly I’m really craving ice cream. Lol!

November 24, 2014 at 8:56 pm
  • Reply The Trophy WifeStyle

Ahhhhh that sounds like an amazing hour!!!! Mad jealous πŸ˜‰ the rare occasion that, that occurs for me…. Omg I draw a complete blank and can’t think of what I wanna do…. But when I’m crazy busy…. 628892 things on my mind I rather be doing lol

November 24, 2014 at 8:35 pm

LOL!! I either draw a blank, or think of all the many things I could be doing. And the hour went by way too fast!

November 24, 2014 at 8:53 pm
  • Reply nancymamamaven

Usually I would want to nap, but most likely I’d blog!

November 24, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Haha! Same here! I should always choose sleep, but I never do!

November 24, 2014 at 8:54 pm
  • Reply threeboysandamom

I love it so much! Good for you tarynn!!! I hope you get more unexpected moments like that! You deserve them ☺

November 24, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Thank you, Rachael! It was so nice! Maybe next time I should opt for a nap…

November 24, 2014 at 8:58 pm
      • Reply threeboysandamom

Maybe combine it…eat your chocolate and then nap in the bathtub!? Lol

November 24, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Such a mom! Lol! Multitasking is life. Hahaha!!

November 24, 2014 at 9:04 pm