Fourth Times a Charm

Posted in Holidays by

This has been such a wonderful Christmas season so far! I’ve had so much fun decorating our new house and teaching our oldest all about Santa.

The other day, I asked her what she was going to say to him when she sat on his lap. She said, “I’m going to tell him that Ronan is learning how to talk.” It was such a sweet moment that made me realize she doesn’t get it quite yet. (I’m fine with that!)

To carry on the tradition of Santa pictures, I was eager to get them done.

Three tries and almost three weeks into the Christmas season, we still don’t have a decent one. I’m not even that picky!

Two years ago, I had to be in the photo with a crying little lady.*/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/84d/69271887/files/2014/12/img_3778.jpgLast year, it was just the kiddos and Z looks like she’s in a picture from the 1800’s. You know, where instead of smiling, they just look pissed.*/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/84d/69271887/files/2014/12/img_3777.jpgThe first time we tried this year, my dad’s studio was taking the photos. There was a misunderstanding on the time and we got there an hour before Santa did. Unfortunately, it was dangerously close to bedtime. If you have little ones, you understand why I didn’t just hang around. I can only handle psycho baby so much. And staying out late, I would be asking for it. So instead of waiting for the big guy, the kiddos and I got an adorable shot with their grandpa.

Our second try was early the next morning. One of the local fire stations was having a fundraiser event. Eat breakfast with Santa, and take your own pictures. Out of ten shots, the best one I got is below./home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/84d/69271887/files/2014/12/img_3501.jpgDon’t worry, once daddy gave up his phone, the little guy was fine.

The third try was yesterday. We got the kids all dressed up, yet again, and my husband took them to the mall. Santa was there, however, the photo printer wasn’t working.

Do you know how much of a pain it is to get two little kids dressed up for pictures? Its hard enough getting them dressed in regular clothes to leave the house, much less putting a comb through their hair.

So. We will try one more time. Next week, right before Christmas.

I’ll get my little lady all gussied up in her green dress. And the boy will get to wear his adorable overalls. One last time.

There is sure to be an insane line, but it will be fun to see the other excited kiddos. Also, there will be two of us with the kids so we can take turns shopping if need be. Because what’s more fun than last minute Christmas shopping?

Have you gotten a good Santa picture yet?

*I own the copyright to the photos on my blog, unless otherwise stated.

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to join the conversation and leave a comment. Also, if you’d like, you can follow Mama By Fire on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.

December 17, 2014

• Reply pennypinchingpeach

Those are cute and hilarious! We did get our Santa pictures, and they turned out pretty alright. Ours were at the fire station, since my husband is a firefighter and one of the stations was hosting pictures with Santa. πŸ™‚

December 17, 2014 at 10:32 am

Thanks! That’s awesome! I wish our fire station ones turned out! The little guy was just too upset.

December 17, 2014 at 10:37 am
  • Reply triciathegoodmama

haha, I love these pictures! Your daughter’s face is just priceless. My son has liked Santa so far, so hopefully we can keep it up.

December 17, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Haha! Thanks! Im really hoping they start to like him…

December 17, 2014 at 6:26 pm
  • Reply maggiemaysgifts

oh this is so funny because we’ve all been there! That was neat to see your photos chronicled like that. Will be cute in 10 years to see them all back to back πŸ™‚

December 17, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Thanks! That’s why I’m determined to get one this year! I want to add another Santa picture to our mantle every year.

December 17, 2014 at 8:43 pm
  • Reply Mommy A to Z

People keep telling me the toddler-crying-with-Santa photo is a rite of passage. This year my little guy has decided he LOVES Santa so it was OK. Good luck with your photo!

December 17, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Ha! Thanks! That’s true. I think our next try will be better because at least the lighting will be good.

December 17, 2014 at 8:56 pm
  • Reply melissajane01

I love Santa pictures! My daughter never minded sitting on Santa’s lap so I don’t have any crying pictures. I took my son last week and he walked into Santa’s house, saw Santa and walked right back out. I meant to go back with both kids but I haven’t yet.

December 18, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Haha! That is so cute! My daughter deals with it now because she really likes candy canes. I’m sure when my son is old enough to have them, he’ll suck it up and maybe even smile.

December 18, 2014 at 6:53 pm
  • Reply Naomi

Santa came to my kiddo’s school, and we got great pictures from it! I am still so excited that we got to skip standing in line at the mall.

December 20, 2014 at 10:36 am

That is so awesome! I’m jealous!

December 20, 2014 at 11:06 am
  • Reply andthreetogo

Good luck! Z had her picture taken with a Santa’s helper while we were in Taiwan. I had to tell her that he wasn’t the real Santa because he couldn’t speak English and she figured it out… so it was just Santa’s helper. πŸ™‚

December 22, 2014 at 7:19 am

Thanks! Since we will have seen three different Santa’s this year, i think I’ll go with the “Santa’s Helper” thing too.

December 22, 2014 at 7:23 am