Here’s what Lauren asked me:
1. Describe yourself in three words. Non-judgemental, Honest, Compassionate.
2. How did you choose the name of your blog? No matter how much I read up on pregnancy and raising children, I was still unprepared for the reality of it. So, as a mom, I feel as if I’m learning by fire. Hence, “Mama By Fire.”
3. Who do you go to for advice? My mom.
4. What is your favorite food or meal? I really love Lamb Vindaloo. I think partly because we rarely go out for Indian food, so its special treat. Also, because I like any excuse to eat with my hands.
5. If you could furnish your entire house, for free, from one catalog/store/website, which would it be? This is a hard one for me! After a bit of research, I have “settled” on Ethan Allen.
6. What is your favorite blog post to date? (& post a link!) One of my favorites is My Take on Fifty Shades. Mostly because its my most “controversial” and my opinion got a few people worked up. I’m not saying I want to make people mad, I just enjoyed starting a conversation. As heated as some are about this topic, everyone was still respectful, which I really appreciated.
7. What was your favorite toy as a child? The only toy I remember playing with is Barbie.
8. Tell me the last really good book you read. I hate to admit it, but I don’t read books often (blog posts are a totally different story!). The last book series I read was the Hunger Games.
9. Post the last thing you put on Instagram.
This is my daughter Zoe. We were at my parents’ house getting ready to make s’mores. She could hardly contain her excitement. Can’t you tell?
10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Both of my kids will be in school. We will be living in our newly purchased home (not sure where yet). I will have a job that I love, working from home.
The blogs I nominate (If you don’t want to participate, no worries!):
1. Suzanna at One Hoolie Mama.
2. Ellen at Young Love Mommy.
3. Bekah at I Prefer My Puns Intended.
4. Lucy at Mrs. H’s Favourite Things…
My questions for you:
1. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
2. Post the last picture on your phone.
3. What is something people may not know about you?
4. What’s your daytime drink? Coffee, tea, energy drink?…
5. Have you gone to, or are you going to, any blogging conferences this year?
6. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
7. What is the most valuable blogging advice you have gotten? Bonus-who gave it to you?
8. What is your favorite post and why? (post a link!!)
9. Where is your favorite place to visit, in your area, with your family?
10. When do you write most often? Do you have a set schedule everyday?