A Fun Easter Game for the Whole Family

Posted in Holidays by

Holiday traditions can be so much fun. This year in particular has been especially fun with the kids. I’ve been introducing them to games and family traditions that I grew up loving. The best part is, they’re having such a good time and they (at least, Little Miss), remembers the fun.

A fun game to play with the kids and adults on Easter!

Every family has their quirky traditions. Every year, we playย a really fun Easter Game for the Whole Family.This year get the entire family involved in the Easter Egg Hunts! This Easter Game for the whole family is so much fun!! We have to explain it to new visitors year after year on Easter. It is called the “Quack, Quack, Cheep, Cheep” Game. It’s an egg hunting game for everyone, but it’s mostly for the sake of the adults.

How to play:

1. Choose two kids to be Team Captains.

2. The Captains hide all the eggs.

3. The Team Captains choose their teams.

4. Ready, Set, Go!!

5. A crazy frenzy ensues. If you’re on the “Quack, Quack” team and you find an egg, you point at said egg and “quack” (Do not touch the egg!). You freaking quack like you’ve never quacked before until your Team Captain comes by for the egg.

6. Continue until all the eggs have been found.

7. Whoever has the most eggs win.

I’ve got to be honest. I’ve never liked this game. Maybe I always thought I was too cool to stand in one place pointing and “cheeping” until I lost my voice, (that’s another thing, because of the craziness, yelling is a must.)

On Easters past, I would do my best to make myself scarce during the picking of teams. The last several years, as an exhausted mama at a family function with a ton babysitters, I had an easy excuse to take a nap.

This year, suddenly, I’m all in! I can’t wait to play it and introduce it to my kids! Z might even get to be a Team Captain!! I don’t know, we’ll see. I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

Either way, as a parent, I think I finally see the appeal of this silly, ridiculous family tradition.

What about you? Does your family play any fun games on Easter?

• Reply Melissande

I’m sorry, but that game sounds absolutely hysterical! I can see me feeling too cool to play as a younger kid too. Now though? Um, yes please!

April 3, 2015 at 10:48 am

LOL! It’s so funny because now, that’s where I’m at. I’m excited to play!

April 3, 2015 at 10:50 am
  • Reply Rachael Boley

This sounds hilarious and adorable! I’d have been embarrassed as a you get lad, but,now…I’d be cheeping and whacking til the ducks come home Haha! Have a blast! We are doing an egg hunt tomorrow with my grandparents through church and the boys can’t wait. We also do a big family egg hunt each year and it gets vicious because there’s money in them for the adults… Its intense haha! Can’t wait…and it’s all so much cooler when your kids am Can appreciate and get excited about it too!

April 3, 2015 at 10:49 am

That sounds like so much fun! We’re going to take the kids out tomorrow too-I can’t wait! Money?! Nice! Sign me up!! Have fun!

April 3, 2015 at 11:57 am
  • Reply M from K&M: The Stay-at-Home Life

What an adorable tradition! The kids will remember it forever, I’m sure. ๐Ÿ™‚

April 3, 2015 at 12:23 pm

Thanks! That’s the hope!

April 3, 2015 at 12:54 pm
  • Reply Kimberly

I love it! What a great tradition! We have an egg hunt too…adults included. It’s one of my favorite parts of Easter.

April 3, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Yes, it was pretty fun this year!! ๐Ÿ˜€

April 6, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Your family has such awesome traditions. I loved the idea of the bake-off at Christmas and this sounds like a lot of fun for the kids. Not so much for the teens and the young adults, but definitely for the kids ๐Ÿ˜‰

April 3, 2015 at 10:39 pm

Thank you! Yes, Christmas cookies are definitely a favorite! That’s what was always weird to me-the egg hunt game in my family is a big hit with the adults! Crazy!

April 4, 2015 at 5:21 pm
  • Reply Jenn

Haha! That sounds like such fun! Would make the egg hunt not as quick, and give everyone a better chance for searching. ๐Ÿ™‚

April 4, 2015 at 5:31 pm

That’s so true! It’s so funny and ridiculous!

April 4, 2015 at 5:33 pm
  • Reply Jenny

Isn’t it funny when the things we hated growing up suddenly are so fun when we have little ones that can enjoy them. We don’t really have any Easter traditions that are different from anyone else that I know of… just the normal things, eggs, baskets, huge dinner. Oh and it was one of the few Sundays we would skip church… always too busy on Easter Sunday. ๐Ÿ™‚

April 6, 2015 at 5:39 am

It is! I never thought I would have it in me to enjoy that game. I hope you had fun this year!

April 6, 2015 at 7:40 pm
  • Reply Christine Cox

I can’t wait to get all of the kids in my family to play this!! It sounds like so much fun for all ages!

March 29, 2017 at 10:26 am
    • Reply Tarynn Playle

It really is! I hope everyone enjoys it, we sure do!!

March 29, 2017 at 10:27 am