Holiday traditions can be so much fun. This year in particular has been especially fun with the kids. I’ve been introducing them to games and family traditions that I grew up loving. The best part is, they’re having such a good time and they (at least, Little Miss), remembers the fun.
Every family has their quirky traditions. Every year, we play a really fun Easter Game for the Whole Family. We have to explain it to new visitors year after year on Easter. It is called the “Quack, Quack, Cheep, Cheep” Game. It’s an egg hunting game for everyone, but it’s mostly for the sake of the adults.
How to play:
1. Choose two kids to be Team Captains.
2. The Captains hide all the eggs.
3. The Team Captains choose their teams.
4. Ready, Set, Go!!
5. A crazy frenzy ensues. If you’re on the “Quack, Quack” team and you find an egg, you point at said egg and “quack” (Do not touch the egg!). You freaking quack like you’ve never quacked before until your Team Captain comes by for the egg.
6. Continue until all the eggs have been found.
7. Whoever has the most eggs win.
I’ve got to be honest. I’ve never liked this game. Maybe I always thought I was too cool to stand in one place pointing and “cheeping” until I lost my voice, (that’s another thing, because of the craziness, yelling is a must.)
On Easters past, I would do my best to make myself scarce during the picking of teams. The last several years, as an exhausted mama at a family function with a ton babysitters, I had an easy excuse to take a nap.
This year, suddenly, I’m all in! I can’t wait to play it and introduce it to my kids! Z might even get to be a Team Captain!! I don’t know, we’ll see. I’ll keep my fingers crossed!
Either way, as a parent, I think I finally see the appeal of this silly, ridiculous family tradition.
What about you? Does your family play any fun games on Easter?