There are so many fun Mother’s Day Guides going around, I thought I would share a list of things I
selfishly would like on the Big Day.
1. I want to sleep in with no outside noise. I would like the blinds drawn and all sounds muted. I don’t know how, just make it happen.
2. Chocolate chip waffles for breakfast (made by the husband), with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. And maybe a protein shake too so I don’t have a sugar crash an hour later.
3. I want no tantrums in my vicinity. That includes, but is not limited to: whining, crying, angry jabs towards a face (any face), and stomping of the feet.
4. I would like to forbid the word “Why?” from being said to me. It can be used all day long, just not with me. “But why?!” “Ask your dad.”
5. I want to use the bathroom as often as needed without so much as a tap on the door.
6. I want each child to listen attentively whenever I ask them to stop, or continue, to do something.
Actually, scratch all that.
I want an empty house for the entire day with Godiva chocolates (from the Godiva boutique, not the grocery store…).
Then I want to go out to dinner with my family. Preferably sushi, but anywhere the kids will eat and sit still will do (which will most certainly involve “fancy” mac n cheese).
And lastly, I want to do bedtime just like every night. Because it is my favorite part of the day. Not only is it precious one on one time with each of my children, it’s also moments before I get time alone with the husband.