A Mother’s Day Guide Just For Me

Posted in Holidays by

There are so many fun Mother’s Day Guides going around, I thought I would share a list of things I selfishly would like on the Big Day.

A Mother's Day Guide Just for Me

1. I want to sleep in with no outside noise. I would like the blinds drawn and all sounds muted. I don’t know how, just make it happen.

2. Chocolate chip waffles for breakfast (made by the husband), with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. And maybe a protein shake too so I don’t have a sugar crash an hour later.

3. I want no tantrums in my vicinity. That includes, but is not limited to: whining, crying, angry jabs towards a face (any face), and stomping of the feet.

ย A Mother's Day Guide Just for Me

4. I would like to forbid the word “Why?” from being said to me. It can be used all day long, just not with me. “But why?!” “Ask your dad.”

5. I want to use the bathroom as often as needed without so much as a tap on the door.[Tweet “For #MothersDay, I want to use the bathroom as often as needed without so much as a tap on the door.”]

6. I want each child to listen attentively whenever I ask them to stop, or continue, to do something.

Actually, scratch all that.

I want an empty house for the entire day with Godiva chocolates (from the Godiva boutique, not the grocery store…).[Tweet “For #MothersDay, I want an empty house for the entire day with my #Godiva chocolates.”]

Then I want to go out to dinner with my family. Preferably sushi, but anywhere the kids will eat and sit still will do (which will most certainly involve “fancy” mac n cheese).

A Mother's Day Guide Just For Me

And lastly, I want to do bedtime just like every night. Because it is my favorite part of the day. Not only is it precious one on one time with each of my children, it’s also moments before I get time alone with the husband.

ย A Mother's Day Guide Just For Me
What would you like for Mother’s Day? This is a safe place, be as selfish as you want!
This post is part of the #TakeTime linkup! The theme is “All About Mom.” Now it’s your turn!! If you have a post that is about your mom, being a mom, or anything “mom,” feel free to link it up!

• Reply Jenny

I love all your ideas! We don’t really celebrate mothers or Father’s Day, but we do make sure to give each other time to feel special. I get massages and pedicures and chad goes diving ๐Ÿ™‚

May 8, 2015 at 4:16 am

Oh, yeah! It’s almost pedicure season over here! That’s cool you each get to do something for yourself though, it doesn’t have to be a big deal-just something you really like! (A massage sounds so nice right now!) Enjoy!

May 8, 2015 at 7:09 am
  • Reply Emmarina Zarina Quinn

I’m present centered. For me gifts are a major love language. Cute list though! By the way, I found you on Top Mommy Blogs! I’ll be joining soon. Come say hi at http://www.rainbowsandballerinas.com !

May 8, 2015 at 9:29 am

Hahaha! I can see that! I have some gifts I want, but they’re big ones like a new notebook/laptop, or jewelry. Awesome-will do!

May 8, 2015 at 9:37 am
  • Reply twitchetts.blogspot.com

I love your list too!! I think I would ask for a babysitter for dinner though! I am always a sucker for breakfast in bed ๐Ÿ™‚ They always spoil me and let me hang out in my room a few hours… It’s upstairs so it mostly quiet. I love bedtime too. Would make it home in time to tuck those kiddos in.

May 8, 2015 at 9:29 am

Hahaha-thanks! A sitter is a good idea too. I may get breakfast in bed, they’re still pretty little but we’ll see. Happy Mothers Day!!

May 8, 2015 at 9:47 am

It is funny how what we want to receive changes dramatically after having kids. I hope that you get everything you want this Mother’s Day. I am wishing for a clean house.

May 8, 2015 at 9:46 am

So true! Thank you! I hope you get your clean house!!

May 8, 2015 at 9:50 am
  • Reply Tricia

Yes, these are all great ideas! I would also like to sleep in. I would like a nice big breakfast and the rest of the cooking done by someone else (hi, husband haha). I would like my toddler to take his nap without any fuss for three hours. And, I would like to spend the day outside hanging with my family.

May 8, 2015 at 10:04 am

That sounds like a great day too!! Enjoy-I hope you get it all!!

May 8, 2015 at 10:11 am
  • Reply Rachael Boley

I love it…that sounds like a Perfect mothers day! You deserve all that and more

May 8, 2015 at 10:30 am

Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day!!

May 8, 2015 at 10:39 am
  • Reply Debbie (TheJerseyMomma)

I need to make a list like this, too, and leave it somewhere visible so my husband can figure it all out. lol

May 8, 2015 at 10:50 am

Hahaha! You should! I felt a little passive posting this because I know my husband will read it…oh, well!

May 8, 2015 at 11:43 am
  • Reply Natasha

I think I’ll add no whining and chocolate chip waffles to my list! Happy Mother’s Day!

May 8, 2015 at 11:52 am

Haha! Yeah!! Thanks-Happy Mother’s Day!!

May 8, 2015 at 11:53 am
  • Reply Melissa

Yes, I would like to sleep and have my kitchen stay perfectly clean all dayโ€ฆwithout Me having to clean it.

May 8, 2015 at 12:33 pm

Ah, yes! That sounds perfect!! Have a wonderful Mother’s Day!

May 9, 2015 at 1:31 pm
  • Reply Jaya Pandey

First of all, your list made me smile (the innocent wishes of a Mom’s heart) considering how hard it is to achieve them all. And 2nd, its a really cute list. Isn’t it funny how we moms yearn for these simple stuffs now. For me, mani pedi has become a coveted thing to do. Wish we had more hours in a day, when we can put the kids to sleep and enjoy some me time.

May 8, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Thank you! It’s so funny how our wants and needs change! I wouldn’t mind a mani pedi either, in fact, it sounds pretty great! Have a wonderful Mothers Day!

May 8, 2015 at 1:33 pm

Im hosting a brunch at my house on Sunday so Satruday is my day to myself. I am planning on getting a mani pedi and then going to a waterfront restaurant with my Kindle to eat a nice lunch BY MYSELF>

May 8, 2015 at 1:51 pm

OMG! I take mine all back! I want your day! Ha! Sounds awesome-enjoy!!

May 9, 2015 at 1:39 pm
  • Reply Sue Parke

I do believe we want the VERY same mother’s day! Hahaha! Like may I poop in peace please? And can we not throw a fit on the floor when I tell you there is no climbing on the media console?! And oh, that breakfast – I’ll take that too! Haha! Happy Mother’s day ๐Ÿ™‚

May 8, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Hahahahhaha!!! Exactly!! It would be wonderful!! Thanks-Happy Mother’s Day to you too!!

May 8, 2015 at 3:49 pm
  • Reply Rachel E. Bledsoe

This fancy chocolate day, I want in on that. Sitting in an empty house eating fancy chocolate all by myself and banning Thomas the Train for a full 24 hours. Watching grown up women movies eating lots of fancy chocolate… this may be my sweetest dream in a long time tonight. I agree though, I still want to do bedtime. I enjoy the reading and the snuggles. And, I might because I’m a sucker sneak a sliver of fancy chocolate for my favorite little man. The chocolate idea was brilliant. I’m gonna ask for that next year. Thank you and I WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!

May 8, 2015 at 6:43 pm

Yep! It’s all I want! That’s not too much to ask, is it? I didn’t even think about the movies. Yes, I would love to watch grown women movies. Not sure what though, what’s out?…
      Thank you!! I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day too!!

May 8, 2015 at 6:51 pm

The entire list is AWESOME, but I would settle for just #4. All I need is #4!!!!!!!

May 9, 2015 at 11:45 am

Haha! Yes, that one has been making me feel CRAZY lately!! Thanks!

May 9, 2015 at 12:05 pm
  • Reply Lynne Huysamen

I want to not be a mother for the day lol. I want to be left alone unless someone is bringing me food, taking away my empty plate, bringing me coffee or chocolate.

May 25, 2015 at 2:11 am

Haha-yes! That sounds perfect to me!

May 25, 2015 at 8:07 am
  • Reply Melissa Lilly

I love your list!!! Sadly, my Mother’s Day will be nonexistent as hubby works, leaving early and getting back late, and he doesn’t believe in celebrating on another day. ๐Ÿ™ It’ll be just like any other day here. So I guess my lost would be just recognizing the day at all and doing ANYTHING special.

May 3, 2016 at 9:35 am
  • Reply Theresa

Those are great ideas for Mother’s Day! I would like to have no tattling on Mother’s Day (as this is the phase our kids are in right now!) : 0 )

May 3, 2016 at 9:52 am

Oh, yes! That’s a good one! My daughter has just recently discovered tattling.

May 3, 2016 at 10:12 am
  • Reply Tessa

YES, to all! I love that you titled this a Mother’s Day Guide just for YOU! Loved the list.

May 3, 2016 at 9:55 am

Haha! Thank you Tessa!

May 3, 2016 at 10:12 am
  • Reply Shann Eva

I love your Mother’s Day ideas! Bed time is a little rough around here, so I think I’ll let my husband handle that ๐Ÿ˜‰

May 3, 2016 at 2:04 pm

Truth be told, I wrote this last year and bedtime has changed quite a bit. I maybe wouldn’t mind passing it off to my husband this year.

May 3, 2016 at 2:07 pm
  • Reply Theresa

I like your alternate plan. The kids listening attentively sounds perfect, but it would never happen in my home for a whole day! Godiva and an empty house it is. ๐Ÿ™‚

May 3, 2016 at 5:15 pm

Omg love this!!! My hubby usually does a decent job on both Mother’s Day and my birthday with taking care of most things with my daughter, omg being able to pee by myself would be amazing lol… A mom can dream ๐Ÿ˜‰

May 3, 2016 at 6:42 pm
  • Reply Twitchetts

I think I will just copy and paste your list and leave it out for my husband… down to the brand of chocolate ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope you get at least one of these things this year!!

May 3, 2016 at 6:43 pm
  • Reply Erin

YES! Banning the word why! Our big one here is “or what?” OY! Great list!

Now I really want a waffle….

May 4, 2016 at 3:10 am

Haha! I’m sure I have a lot of “or what’s” in my future! Thanks!!

May 4, 2016 at 7:56 am
  • Reply Rebecca

Love this! i want to sleep in and wake up with a grande Starbucks by my side. Then I want to get a pedi.

May 4, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Oh, yes! Both very great ideas!!

May 4, 2016 at 1:47 pm