These adorable cookies are a different take on the classic “Peanut Butter Blossoms.” I love peanut butter cookies, and add chocolate, they become the best invention ever!
But I think I love almond butter even more, so I thought I would give the beloved recipe a try with my homemade almond butter.
And since Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching, what better way to get in the mood than to add hearts instead of kisses? I suppose either technically work for the holiday, but the hearts are just too darn cute!![Tweet “These Almond Butter Heart Cookies are the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day!”]
For the Almond Butter Heart Cookies, you will need:
1/2 cup of butter, room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup almond butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 bag Dove chocolate hearts (I used milk chocolate.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Mix the butter and both sugars until creamed and fluffy. (The original recipe suggests using a mixer, I mixed by hand. Next time, I will follow the directions a bit better.)
- Add the almond butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the baking soda and flour, mix until combined.
- Roll into balls and place on your baking sheet at least 1″ apart. (The original recipe said to roll the balls in white sugar before baking. I found it to be too much sugar, so I stopped doing it after my first batch.) Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let them cool for a few minutes, then gently press a chocolate heart in the center of the cookie.
This little guy snuck a cookie off of the cooling rack.
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as my family did!