Last year we got a ton of Easter candy. But this year, wow, I can’t believe how much candy every single member of my family got.
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining. Easter candy is my favorite candy of all the candy. But now I’m overloaded…and I’ve been trying
desperately to watch my weight.
In an effort to share my haul with the family (even though they have plenty of their own), I thought I would try my hand at pretzel bark. Easter Candy Pretzel Bark to be more exact. But the beauty of this recipe, is it can be ANY candy!
You will need:
Candy (I stuck with the chocolate-type candies, but you can add jelly beans or whatnot if you’d like,
1. Put parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
2. Lay out the pretzels in a single layer on the prepped paper.
4. Melt some chocolate. I ended up using dark dove chocolate pieces, two hollow bunnies, Hershey’s kisses, and white chocolate chips. I melted each type separately at 30 second increments. Once the first chocolate was melted, I drizzled it on the pretzels. Using an off-set spatula, I spread the chocolate around. Repeat with the each type of chocolate. I did the white chocolate last so I could drizzle it decoratively.
5. Sprinkle your candies all over while the chocolate is still melted so they will stick.
6. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
7. Break into chunks and enjoy.
My daughter had a ton of fun helping me out with this. She got to unwrap a bunch of candy. And she liked watching me spread the chocolate. Lastly, she got to sprinkle the candy everywhere.
Do you have any big plans with your leftover Easter candy? Please share in the comments!!