What says summer more, than a baseball themed party?! That includes a baseball themed dessert table (of course!).
My little girl’s preschool teacher is retiring this year after 30 years of teaching other people’s children. To me, she is amazing. Incredible really!! I truly believe it takes a very special
patient person to work with so many littles every single day. And now, she is retiring.
We decided she needed a good send off, so we put together a party. Since she and her husband love baseball, it was only natural to have a baseball themed party.
And since I’m a nerd/mommy blogger/party planner enthusiast, I volunteered to do the baseball themed dessert table.
Baseball Cupcake Cake
- Bake cupcakes as you normally would.
- Arrange them in a circle (as well as you can, anyway).
- Frost the entire thing with white icing as if it were one cake.
- Draw the semi circle lines on each side of the circle with a knife.
- Use red icing to draw on the stitches. On the line of stitches on the right, make them open towards you. On the left, make them open away from you.
If you don’t know already, I think cupcake cakes are the absolute, very best way to go for a party. These are a few of my other cupcake cakes.
Finding Nemo Cupcake CakeSpiderweb Cupcake Cake
Feel free to pin them on your Birthdays, Parties, or Entertaining board on Pinterest!
Cracker Jack Cupcakes
What baseball themed party would it be without Cracker Jacks? It’s right there in the sport’s “anthem” for heavens sake!
Making these could not be simpler. Bake cupcakes as you normally would. Frost them with your choice of icing (I used white), and top with a few pieces of Cracker Jacks.
Individual Strawberry Shortcakes
I’m not positive these are really “baseball food,” but they certainly say “summer” to me. (Plus, they are one of the guest of honor’s favorite desserts.)
- To make these adorable individual strawberry shortcakes, start with a clear plastic cup.
- Add your cake of choice. I used Angel Food. I cut it into cubes and added about 4 cubes to the bottom of my cups.
- Add some “seasoned” strawberries, (chopped up and mixed with a bit of sugar.)
- Next add some whipped cream. I almost always make my own, because nothing really beats some good, homemade whipped cream. To make your own, add 2 cups heavy cream, 2 teaspoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to your bowl. Mix on high until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes.
I’m going to be honest. I do not like Twinkies. Like, at all. But, I think this idea looked too adorable, and it was too perfect for this baseball themed dessert table that I had to make them.
You will need
white cupcake liners
Yellow or Red icing
- Unwrap the Twinkies and place each of them on a cupcake liner.
- Stick a Popsicle stick in them.