One of my favorite types of gifts to give at Christmastime are the stocking stuffers. More specifically, homemade stocking stuffers.
Since the world of Pinterest first opened my eyes to doable DIY-everything, I have found some pretty awesome homemade stocking stuffers.
But my favorite, by far, is the Sriracha Salt that I have been giving the last few years. And that recipe I actually got on Instagram. I know, crazy![Tweet “For a fantastic gift idea for the foodie in your life, click here!”]
**This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a commission off of any purchase made from those links. The price does not change for you. I do not recommend things I do not love.**
You will need:
3 Tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
3/4 Cup Coarse Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix ingredients well.
- Spread salt mixture as evenly as possible on a cookie sheet. (I usually put a sheet of foil on the cookie sheet.)
- TURN OFF THE OVEN.
- Put cookie sheet in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Take it out and stir it around. Return it to the oven for 15 minutes.
- It may be done at this point, or you may need to put it back for a few more minutes. When the salt is dry, its ready to be taken out for good.
Note-if the salt dries up in chunks, or bakes onto the cookie sheet, just crush it up with a pestle and mallet if needed. The salt is still fantastic![Tweet “Sriracha Salt is delicious and so simple to make. It’s a perfect stocking stuffer!”]
Be sure to label it so nobody mistakes it for bath salts! That would be a bummer!…
What type of gifts are your favorite to give?