Since my Whole30 experience has ruined chocolate for me, I have been seeking out other forms of dessert. I used to be happy with chocolate anything and I was even known to down a few handfuls of chocolate chips here and there. Now, I don’t want anything to do with it. Trust me, nobody is more shocked than I am.
My favorite discovery has been this super fast, single serving (or double serving) of apple crisp. To be honest, since it is cooked in the microwave, it will never actually get crunchy. But, the flavors are delicious and the texture is still satisfying (especially if you add a little bit of ice cream on top!).
For this Single Serve Apple Crisp, you will need-
1/2 apple of your choice (my favorite for this is fuji. If you use the whole thing, it’s perfect to double the recipe so you won’t have to share mine with the husband,just double the ingredients below too.)
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons flour
1 Tablespoon butter, melted*
1 1/2-2 Tablespoons quick cooking oats
1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
- Dice up your apple and put it in a microwave safe bowl.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon over the apples
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. If you need more butter, feel free to add a tiny bit more. You want all of the ingredients to stick together.
- Crumble the oats mixture on top of your apples.
- Microwave for 2 minutes. My microwave is a 1000 watts, so if yours is different, you may have to adjust the time accordingly.replica watch 888
- Once your apples are fork tender, it’s ready to eat. Add some ice cream on top, or just eat it plain.
My husband and I are big fans of this dessert. Partly because it feels much healthier than most desserts we eat.
The major health blunder is the brown sugar, so if you want to make it a little bit better for you, feel free to reduce the amount of sugar in the crumble.
I hope you enjoy this dessert as much as we do!!